On arrival at the school, new pupils and staff are put into one of five house groups. Throughout the year both individuals and whole house teams can achieve house points. Every week points are awarded to individual pupils for a number of achievements. On a number of occasions throughout the year there are whole school events such as sports days and challenge days where houses compete as a team against other houses. Every house has a mixture of staff from across the school and pupils of all ages, allocation to a house is random.
You can see both individual and group houses points on the display in reception.
Pupils can gain house points in the following ways:
- 100% attendance in school and at lessons – 5 points
- Wearing uniform – 1 point per day
- Contribution to morning meeting or school meeting – 1 point per contribution
- Active participation in class assembly – 2 points
- Positive report from lesson – 1 point for each report
- Lesson Star – 2 points
- Positive report from activity – 1 point for each report
- Positive report from social time – 1 point for each report
- Great effort in morning reading – 1 point
- Representing the school (for example in sport) – 5 points
- Participating in a school performance – 5 points
At the end of the year the house with the highest total will choose the destination for the ‘Big Trip‘. The twenty pupils with the highest house points from any house will be eligible to attend.
Weekly – a score of at least 11 house points will entitle a pupil to access the Basements area at break times – this area has pool tables, a PlayStation and other games.
Termly – there is a trip out for the fifteen pupils achieving the highest scores for the term
Annually – there is a Big Trip for the 20 pupils with the highest scores for the whole year
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.