On arrival at the school, new pupils and staff are put into one of five house groups. Throughout the year both individuals and whole house teams can achieve house points. Every week points are awarded to individual pupils for a number of achievements. On a number of occasions throughout the year there are whole school events such as sports days and challenge days where houses compete as a team against other houses. Every house has a mixture of staff from across the school and pupils of all ages, allocation to a house is random.
You can see both individual and group houses points on the display in reception.
Pupils can gain house points in the following ways:
- 100% attendance in school – 30 points per week
- Wearing uniform – 5 points per day
- Contribution to morning meeting or school meeting – 2 points per contribution
- Active participation in class assembly – 3 points
- Lesson points – up to 10 points per single lesson for attendance, participation, attitude, learning, etc
- Positive report from activity – up to 5 points per activity
- Positive report from social time – 5 points
- Great effort in morning reading – 1 point
- Representing the school (for example in sport) – 5 – 50 points depending on level of event, commitment, attitude, etc
- Participating in a school performance – 5, 10 or 20 points depending on nature of performance
- JLT – 10 points per event/meeting
- Headteachers Award – 5-50 points for something spectacular
At the end of the year the house with the highest total will choose the destination for the ‘Big Trip‘. The twenty pupils with the highest house points from any house will be eligible to attend.
Weekly – on the Elemore site, a score of at least 250 house points will entitle a pupil to access the Basements area at break times – this area has pool tables, a PlayStation and other games.
Termly – there is a trip out for the fifteen pupils achieving the highest scores for the term
Annually – there is a Big Trip for the 20 pupils with the highest scores for the whole year
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.