SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Michael Hunter, Deputy Headteacher – he can be contacted at the school.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Additional SEN support and guidance is always available from the Headteacher, Richard Royle – Adv.Dip.SEN, MEd(SEN).
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- Durham LA Cognition and Learning Team
- School Nursing Service
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
We fund any additional specialist expertise from the school budget.